Monday, June 11, 2012

StrokeFreeMe

I had a traumatic stroke which left me paralyzed on the right side (everything on the right side---even my right side of my face was paralyzed). My doctors were telling me that I had such a traumatic injury that I would never speak nor walk again; that was 6 months post stroke. I was 24 years young at the time I was paralyzed in 1994.

Jump in time to now. I can speak with anyone. I am going to run a 5k with my twin brother cheering me on, on the 4th of July. I have been married and have 3 beautiful, biological children that I adore. I am building a web presence and a blog (strokefreeme.blogspot.com) and a free digital CD entitled "Hope...even after a traumatic brain injury." I feel driven to speak out to whoever will listen on this devastating experience that turns into a miracle 17 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment