Thursday, July 26, 2012

Unconquerable Soul

 The whole idea about this blog site became a reality for me on Saturday December 31, 2011 around 10:30 at night when I was led to BYUtv's website. Only through divine providence was I led. It would take a guided professional to get through the maze except for me it was a blessing from on high. I was led to "the Butterfly Circus", a youtube version of a short inspirational film. From there I was led to a talk in which the poem Invictus really resonated with me. I hope it will resonate with you.


Invictus by William Earnest Henley
"Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
"In the fell clutch of circumstance,
I have not winced nor cried aloud:
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
"It matters not how straight the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment